[VoiceOps] Broadsoft Device Management vs. Enhanced IP Config

Robert Dawson RDawson at alliedtelecom.net
Wed Jan 18 11:32:06 EST 2012

The shop I came from used Enhanced IP Config for endpoint provisioning so I am used to just setting a DHCP option and being done with it. The install I am just completing at my current employer makes use of Device Management and from what I am seeing you have to configure each phone to pull from the appropriate phone model folder which would require touching every phone? I assume there is a way to automate this process? Perhaps I am just being stupid and overlooking the obvious? I am digging through the Polycom configs now to see if you can do something like on the SPA phones i.e. macro substitution.

Anyone tackled this?