[VoiceOps] Looking for an IPTV source.

Carlos Alcantar carlos at race.com
Thu Jan 26 16:53:10 EST 2012

We have been looking for a similar type of solution does not seem to be
anything out there that doesn't require upfront infrastructure.  I know
motorola has a hosted ms media room solution for your middle ware but you
still have to bring your feeds in.  I  think a big issue with a wholesaler
would be the locals, which would require for you to pull in the feeds and
encode them, requiring fairly large up front cost depending on how many
locals are in your area.  A good option might be directv mfh3, but I hear
they have locked up the market where you need to be running alcatel/lucent
access equipment, and you can not pass public right of ways.  If someone
else has some suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Carlos Alcantar
Race Communications / Race Team Member
101 Haskins Way, So. San Francisco, CA. 94080
Phone: +1 415 376 3314 / carlos at race.com / http://www.race.com