[VoiceOps] Rogue 800 number

J. Oquendo sil at infiltrated.net
Tue Jan 31 11:53:46 EST 2012

Hey all, just wondering slash curious about something. I have a client
who had their domain pseudo-typosquatted and whomever is behind it went
as far as registering a toll free number with a professional sounding
AutoAttendant referencing the victim company's name and the owner on a
dial by name directory. There are no accents/typos in the autoattendant
and dialing an extension, as we all can imagine, is likely being call
forwarded or trunked elsewhere.

In any event, I would like to track down what carrier is responsible for
the number but have had no luck asking/enquiring/etc to my carriers (big
3-4 Level, VZ, Global, Paetec)... Any takers on tracking who owns this
number?

--
J. Oquendo

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to
ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things
differently." - Warren Buffett

42B0 5A53 6505 6638 44BB  3943 2BF7 D83F 210A 95AF
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x2BF7D83F210A95AF