[VoiceOps] Caller-ID: SIP From vs. P-Asserted-Identity

Ryan Delgrosso ryandelgrosso at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 23:14:42 EDT 2012

In an inter-carrier agreement I have never seen any restrictions placed
on what could or could not be sent. In end-user trunks that is largely
up to how the carrier dealing with the end user wants to handle it, I
can tell you for end user trunks we generally restrict the calling
number to one that the customer has on their trunks, but for wholesale
to other carriers we allow them to send anything since it isn't usually
a bi-directional trunk in those scenarios.