[VoiceOps] Caller-ID: SIP From vs. P-Asserted-Identity

Scott Berkman scott at sberkman.net
Tue Jul 24 16:27:08 EDT 2012

Some systems (such as BroadSoft Broadworks) only use diversion headers to
describe historical information about a call was routed.  I don't think in
these cases the Diversion header is meant to have any impact on delivered
caller ID or charge number.  I've only even recently come across someone
wanting to use the diversion header for this, and they didn't have a good
reason to say why except that another carrier had supported it and they have
a checkbox in their system to enable it.

	-Scott