[VoiceOps] SIP OPTIONS PING

Joseph Jackson jjackson at aninetworks.net
Mon Jun 25 11:43:43 EDT 2012

We use SIP OPTION Pings on our smokeping setup (using a probe that has sipsak do the option).  To measure latency and packet loss to remote end points.  Also the SONUS gear will blacklist a IP address if it doesn't reply to an OPTION and not send anymore traffic to the end point until it starts to reply again.