[VoiceOps] Paging system integration with VoIP

Brian R briansupport at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 13 13:08:01 EDT 2012

We have found using the intercom with the headset connected to analog paging systems tends to work the best.  There is hardware that will do this, however the expense and lack of "features" (analog line equivalent vs voip phone) seems to point us back to the phone.  We have used both Sipura and InnoMedias for other analog connections.
Our default:
We often use the Aastra 6753i mounted to the wall in the dmark and punched down to the 66 block from the headset port.  We often do not have a handset connected either (could be useful to have one for 911 calls from that location if needed).  We primarily use Aastra phones which is why we chose the model we did.  It has a webpage for local/manual config changes (customers controlling their system) and pulls an update from our config servers nightly if we need to make changes.  The buttons/display can be locked or unlocked remotely from the webpage as well (it has an emergency dial plan for when it is locked as well).

Brian