[VoiceOps] Paging system integration with VoIP

Chris Veazey chris.veazey at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 22:42:10 EDT 2012

Take a look at Cyberdata.

http://www.cyberdata.net/products/voip/index.html

-----Original Message-----
From: voiceops-bounces at voiceops.org [mailto:voiceops-bounces at voiceops.org]
On Behalf Of Todd Wolf
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:20 PM
To: Jay Taylor
Cc: voiceops at voiceops.org
Subject: Re: [VoiceOps] Paging system integration with VoIP

This looks great...thanks for the heads up. I will get one to try out....we
usually have  an available fxs port or two so using the Viking has always
been a quick fix and ultra reliable...we have also used the Viking pa2a for
paging with loud bell and the m2w to amplify a phone's speaker

Todd Wolf
COO
Unified Technologies
583 Warren Ave
Portland, Me 04103
207.591.6902

On Mar 13, 2012, at 9:35 PM, "Jay Taylor" <taylorj at hti-inc.com> wrote:

> If you are going to go through the trouble of putting those two items
together, you might want to check out Snom's PA1 as an all in one unit.
It's POE friendly and has quite a few options of connecting things to it.

> I just received three of them and after a quick 2 minute config, I've got
paging.  I don't do a lot of paging but with something like this, I probably
won't use anything else.

> Jay

On Behalf Of Todd Wolf
> Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 6:27 PM
> To: 'Jay Hennigan';voiceops at voiceops.org
> Subject: Re: [VoiceOps] Paging system integration with VoIP
>
> CISCO PAP2T and a VIKING ELECTRONICS CPA7B

On Behalf Of Jay Hennigan
> Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 12:58 PM
> To: voiceops at voiceops.org
> Subject: Re: [VoiceOps] Paging system integration with VoIP
>
> On 3/13/12 9:27 AM, Carlos Alvarez wrote:
>> Does anyone here have advice on connecting a Valcom paging system with
>> a hosted VoIP system?  The site is about a thousand miles away so I
>> can't just go play with it.  At the most basic level I'm considering
>> just a cheap phone on auto-answer and a connection from its headset
>> jack to the paging amp.  Any other ideas?
>
> Bogen makes a paging interface TAM-B that connects to an FXS port on an
ATA or TA900 Adtran.  Works very well.

> Hint:  Put it on an extension-only number if possible so that random wrong
numbers and telemarketers don't clobber it.

> --
> Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net Impulse
Internet Service  -  http://www.impulse.net/ Your local telephone and
internet company - 805 884-6323 - WB6RDV