[VoiceOps] Broadsoft / 3CX SIP Trunks

PE peeip989 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 17:27:50 EDT 2012

Greetings fellow voipsters,

Have any of you done a SIP trunk integration between Broadsoft and 3CX? Or,
more specifically, I have a customer with a 3CX device (don't ask) that is
registered and I can send an INVITE, but their end denies the call (sends a
480 Temporarily Unavailable response) because it is having trouble routing
it to the destination in the 3CX system. This is because they are expecting
only the extension (4-digits), which I can send in the To: header but the
SIP URI is the full, registered User ID so that the SBC knows how to get it
to them. They are expecting only 4 digits in both the INVITE URI header and
the To header.

I know I can create a complex/convoluted header manipulation with the SBC
but it just feels like there must be another way.

Anyone know how to config the 3CX -- or even have a decent workaround -- to
support this?

Thanks