[VoiceOps] Broadsoft / 3CX SIP Trunks

Jon Radel jradel at vantage.com
Tue Sep 25 18:19:47 EDT 2012

On Sep 25, 2012, at 17:36, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:

> According to very unambiguous directives from the pertinent RFCs, all routing should always be done based on the Request URI / INVITE request line.  The To header should NEVER be used for routing (in >= 3261).  It is a purely cosmetic commentary on the intended logical endpoint of the call.

True de juris. All over the map de facto. At least judging from some of my vendor's offerings.

And to respond to the original question, while I have no experience with your endpoint, that is generally the point at which I start doing header rewrites on the Acmes. I find it easier than arranging for a meeting of the minds between the two+ vendors involved.

--Jon Radel