[VoiceOps] LIDB Usage

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Apr 1 11:42:33 EDT 2013

On 03/24/2013 02:27 PM, Jared Geiger wrote:

> A lot of our customers have been asking how they can better scrub their
> calling lists to only call provisioned numbers. They do the normal DNC
> list scrubbing, but they need something more.
>
> Does the LIDB database have this sort of information in it as for as if
> the number is active and provisioned? I know it won't be perfect as a
> CLEC such as Level3 could have the number provisioned to an ITSP who
> just has it in inventory. It would help at least a little bit to be able
> to skip over the Not Provisioned numbers.
>
> If the LIDB can't handle this, what other database should I be looking
> for to do dips to?

I don't believe that what you're after is possible in any kind of
reliable way, just for the reason you mentioned.

Doing LNP dips might scrub out some straight-up invalid numbers, but
when it comes to provisioned, that's entirely at the behest of the
operator to whom the block is homed and/or number is ported.

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC