[VoiceOps] Verizon SIP issues

PE peeip989 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 16:07:18 EDT 2013

Yes. We saw it start around 1:15 Eastern time. According to my VZ rep, it
was a "catastrophic network outage" (her words) caused by a DDOS. We had
earlier heard that there was an issue with DNS, so I assume that was
probably the target. Traffic was up and down for a while. Seems to have
stablized around 3pm, though if it was a DDOS, I wouldn't be surprised to
see it go back down.

Interestingly, I tried emailing the group earlier and my message never went
through.