[VoiceOps] Fwd: Re: SIP-to-TDM gateway appliance

Paul Timmins paul at timmins.net
Thu Feb 14 01:51:33 EST 2013

My experience has been the opposite, even when I found a difficult bug in their DNS cache implementation. I had to push hard at first to get them to realize it was a bug, but once I had a test case, they were very, very interested, and ultimately put out a release JUST to fix the bug I found. (I think it was A2.04, if I recall - it had to do with the first DNS lookup after a DNS TTL expiry would cause a DNS lookup failure. It manifested itself as a failed inbound call attempt about once every 10 minutes.

Adtran finally realized that the reason they didn't see it more often was we run 5 minute TTLs on our DNS so we can change it quickly, and a lot of people run 60 minute or even 6 hour or 24 hour TTLs on their records, so the adtrans would only fail an inbound call once an hour, once every 6 hours, or once a day, and nobody noticed.

Anyway, like I was saying, I'm kind of surprised about the bug patch. Did you follow up by requesting a supervisor, or going through your sales team? Maybe you got a bad tech.

-Paul