[VoiceOps] Conversent Communications rejects port out request for incorrect account number

Joshua Goldbard j at 2600hz.com
Tue Jan 15 12:19:36 EST 2013

Hi,

Have you tried contacting conversant or your client to verify the account info for the port?

It might be strange that companies are actually following porting guidelines, but there's always been a requirement to include the account number.

Once upon a time I was working at the big bell and was asked to port the main number for Yellow Cab to a cellphone. In this case it was easy to say no (and not having the account number also helped) but one can imagine that with less famous clients (or less scrupulous reps) anyone could steal any number if there's no authentication.

So yeah it's lame that you actually have to include the account number, but there are good reasons.

Cheers,
Joshua

Sent from my iPhone