[VoiceOps] What is a Modern SIP Phone?

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Wed Mar 20 12:24:29 EDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 9:18 AM, Matt Yaklin <myaklin at g4.net> wrote:

> We like Polycom as it integrates with Broadsoft nicely. Con: Expensive.

We don't run Broadsoft, so no big deal for us.  Aside from cost, we really
hated dealing with Polycom provisioning and boot times (yeah, they've
improved somewhat over the years).

> We have been testing Yealink and they seem like a nice phone that just
> works.
> I have a T28-P next to me. Con: The manufacturer name of the phone sounds
> cheap. We would buy in bulk and get them rebadged with a different name if
> we follow through with them.

I'd recommend a trial of the latest Grandstreams if you're considering a
low-cost phone line.  Customer acceptance has been extremely positive with
them, and like I said, it's what I have on my desk, and I could grab
anything I want.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve