[VoiceOps] What is a Modern SIP Phone?

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Wed Mar 20 12:32:20 EDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 9:25 AM, Blake Dunlap <ikiris at gmail.com> wrote:

> Grandstream?
>
> Have they somehow gotten exponentially better in the last 3 years or
> something?

Yes, exactly that.  Huge change.

> All I remember of them the last time I tried them is preferring 2 cans and
> a string...

Same here.  They convinced me to accept a few demos at no charge, and they
are decent.  Heavy on features and low on cost, with good quality.  Maybe
not Polycom quality sound, but we're talking 1/5th the price in some cases.
 An HD phone with 24-button BLF costs $100-ish.

They aren't perfect.  They aren't "the best."  But when you talk about
charging five times for something a little better, you really have to look
closely at the benefits.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve