[VoiceOps] What is a Modern SIP Phone?

Matt Yaklin myaklin at g4.net
Wed Mar 20 12:18:17 EDT 2013

On Wed, 20 Mar 2013, Carlos Alvarez wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 8:27 AM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
>
>       Ok, so what *is* a modern SIP phone set?
>
>       Polycom?  The big fancy AAstra?
>

> Sure, those probably qualify.  We currently recommend the Cisco SPA series and Grandstream; we don't recommend but will support Polycom.  The one on my desk currently is a GXP2200 and I rather
> like it.

We like Polycom as it integrates with Broadsoft nicely. Con: Expensive.

We have been testing Yealink and they seem like a nice phone that just works.
I have a T28-P next to me. Con: The manufacturer name of the phone sounds
cheap. We would buy in bulk and get them rebadged with a different name if
we follow through with them.

matt