[VoiceOps] looking for advice on international fraud that took place via an Edgemarc 200EW with FXO line installed

Matt Yaklin myaklin at g4.net
Fri Nov 1 13:01:46 EDT 2013

Keith,

Since radius server authentication is enabled any attempt
to login as rouser would go via that method. My radius server
does not have a rouser.

Only when the Edgemarc cannot reach the radius server or when
the radius secret password is incorrect would it fall back to
local auth.

But yes we changed it during the initial config. It is not
a very strong password though since we are limited to 6-8
characters by the software. I just think the attacker never
had a chance to use it since the device has been online
and reachable via our network.

matt at g4.net