[VoiceOps] Ghost calls - Sipvicious?

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Tue Nov 12 18:37:44 EST 2013

We operate a hosted VoIP platform using Broadworks and over 90% Polycom
phones.  We have a number of customers at diverse locations recently
reporting dead-air calls.  These typically come from a source ANI of 100
or 7070 and have no audio.

Most of the phones are behind Adtran TA900 series IADs with NAT and a
SIP access list allowing only our own SBCs.

The calls don't show up in our SBC logs, nor do they show in the MOS
graphs on the Adtran voice quality monitoring.

Any ideas or suggestions on what is causing this or how to stop it?

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net