[VoiceOps] Strange inbound Calls

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Wed Oct 2 14:24:53 EDT 2013

On 10/2/13 10:13 AM, Nick Olsen wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> We've been seeing a lot of strange inbound calls to our toll free
> numbers recently. The only thing they have in common is the caller ID
> text is always a city and a state. And the the call duration is 60
> seconds on the dot..Every time.

Are the calls answered by a human?  If so, what do they hear?  If not
and it's an IVR, if you call and say nothing does the call drop in 60
seconds?

City and state are not uncommon for CNAM.  Many CNAM providers will put
the city and state of the rate center for the NPA-NXX if caller name
isn't available.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net