[VoiceOps] Phone hack

David Thompson dthompson at esi-estech.com
Fri Sep 27 15:13:23 EDT 2013

I have seen this before yes. Very low risk on Polycoms to my knowledge what
they are attempting to do is see if this is an open or exploitable SIP
proxy to commit toll fraud. Disable SIP ALG on the router and reboot the
Polycoms if possible they are most likely getting port scanned and someone
is seeing a device answering on 5060. If the SIP ALG cannot be disabled
consider replacing the router with something that supports this
functionality. Here is something that’s super useful in checking to see if
something is there and answering to SIP requests.

http://blog.sipvicious.org/

David Thompson
Network Services Support Technician
(O) 858.357.8794