[VoiceOps] [VOIPSEC] Tackling VoIP fraud, new idea

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Fri Feb 21 12:51:53 EST 2014

Email sucks for this. I don't want to read an email about something hours
or days after the issue is happening and have to do something manually to
protect my infrastructure.

This seems like something that should be an API in which trusted people can
access.

But then you have concerns about trust of the data. Do I trust your
reasoning for an IP block? Do I even get to see your evidence?

Honestly I don't need a list or an API to block stuff.

HOWEVER, if this can become a private discussion list to talk about
methods, techniques and tactics that we can all implement in order to
prevent telecom/SIP/VoIP fraud on our own, THAT I'd be interested in.

Beckman