[VoiceOps] High Quality, Reliable Voice via the Internet / SIPNOC

Gavin Henry ghenry at suretec.co.uk
Tue Jun 10 02:33:32 EDT 2014

On 9 Jun 2014 19:57, "Mark R Lindsey" <lindsey at e-c-group.com> wrote:

> At SIPNOC this week, we're having a "Birds of a Feather" session on
delivering quality voice services across the public Internet.

> A few techniques to make voice across the Internet better:
>
> 1. For packets from the ITSP to the customer: override the default BGP
routing to choose an alternate route

Don't forget that if you're a network operator you should be on as many
Internet Peering Exchange Points as possible. Easier for us in the UK and
Europe as it's a different model to the US. Keeps routes as short as
possible and mostly on the same switching kit.

We've also found that cpe kit lies and 20ms is sometimes the only option.

Thanks,

Gavin.

http://www.surevoip.co.uk/about/our-network