[VoiceOps] Adtran Help

Carlos Alvarez caalvarez at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 16:55:10 EDT 2014

We have a standard "kit" that goes to sites when there are issues.  It
has a hub (real hub, not switch), a cheap manageable switch with a
spanned port, and a Linux netbook with packet capture set up on it.
This lets anyone with even marginal tech knowledge install it easily
and start capturing.

The hub is problematic for voice quality, obviously, but can be useful
to see broken network packets and junk that a switch may not pass.  We
once found a network segment that was flooded with some kind of
non-standard packets from a SCADA type device which weren't being
passed through the switch.