[VoiceOps] Adtran Help

Blake Dunlap ikiris at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 10:36:22 EDT 2014

Fluke or similar network taps are really the suggested solution here.
Either pay for a good one, or make your own, but either way you need
something roughly the size of a tablet that can be an inline network
tap and analisys device that you can send around easily. Any time
you're relying on the questioned device, you could be getting bad
data. Thankfully most interconnects are ethernet now, so this is much
less the difficult task it used to be.

One example of why you would need to is the packets hit the TX ring
but then get dropped due to firmware bug: most devices would see them
in the capture outbound, but an inline device directly in front would
not, removing the ambiguity and finger pointing between you and the
handoff.

-Blake