[VoiceOps] Solving port blocking issue @ softphone

Ryan Delgrosso ryandelgrosso at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 11:57:24 EDT 2014

Add 2 or 3 more seemingly random ports for the SBC to listen on. Also
add them in TCP.

have the softphone use DNS naptr records to order UDP then TCP srv
records, and in each SRV record offer the same proxy with different
ports. This will cause the softphone to try multiple ports on UDP then
multiple ports on TCP until it finds success.

If the softphone doesn't support NAPTR, then you can use SRV only but
you lose the ability to try different transports. If it doesnt support
SRV records, find another softphone.

-Ryan