[VoiceOps] Never seen this on a Polycom

Rob Dawson rdawson at force3.com
Tue Apr 14 09:30:24 EDT 2015

Nice! Thanks for the detailed history.

From: VoiceOps [mailto:voiceops-bounces at voiceops.org] On Behalf Of Michael Bain
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2015 4:57 PM
To: voiceops at voiceops.org
Subject: Re: [VoiceOps] Never seen this on a Polycom

The 0004f2 prefix came from Circa Communications Ltd when Polycom bought them for their IP phone product and founded the SoundPoint IP line around it. At that point the SoundStation IP3000 was already a product (and I think it used 00e075, but not sure), and the IP4000 was already in development. For the first few production runs the IP4000 used the 00e075 prefix. Eventually both the SoundPoint IP and SoundStation IP products were unified on the 0004f2 prefix.

Mike