[VoiceOps] Key System Using Polycom VVX

Peter E peeip989 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 21:33:55 EDT 2015

I agree with Shripal, it is doable in broadworks. Depending on the model of VVX, though, your performance may vary. It seems they are using a lesser chip, probably to get the price down, and their performance suffers when hit with too many simultaneous messages. So, a small SCA environment with small volume should work but a bunch of SCAs in a busy environment could be a problem, especially for the lower end of the VVX line.

We also try and break people of the key system habit whenever possible.

On Apr 14, 2015, at 20:38, Shripal Daphtary <shripald at gmail.com> wrote:

depending on the size, Colton, you should be able to emulate a key system with BWKS.  i think i remember that you are bwks service provider right?  I think broadsoft actually has a document related to creating a key (square) System. Basically, the accounts you create are the lines, e.g. lines 1 through 4.  Register each phone with the 4 Lines/accounts.  Share the lines to each endpoint with SCA and then use series completion to ring sequentially through lines 1 through 4. i don't know how big this implementation can get, but i'm assuming it would get annoying anything past 4-8 lines.

Shri