[VoiceOps] Suspect NPANXX question

Ryan Delgrosso ryandelgrosso at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 14:33:49 EDT 2015

All,
We have seen a Caribbean NPANXX (1-268-762) advertised to us from a US
tier 1 vendor. It has drawn a large amount of fraudulent traffic.

We first saw this prefix pop up in this vendors rate decks in April.
Going back to the start of the year I cannot find it in any revision of
the LERG though, and no other vendor I have offers routes/pricing to
this prefix.

Does anybody know whats going on here?

Shouldn't any zone 1 prefix exist in the LERG months prior to going
live, or at the very least within some reasonable time after showing up
for live traffic?

Does this smell like highjacking to anyone else?

All our vendor will tell is they are getting the route from another T1
vendor, but in my 20+ connected peers I cannot find another occurrence.

Any help or guidance is much appreciated. Feel free to reply on or off
list.

-Ryan