[VoiceOps] ADT Alarms Special Dialing?

Paul Timmins paul at timmins.net
Mon Aug 10 13:32:37 EDT 2015

On 08/10/2015 08:49 AM, Colton Conor wrote:

> I wonder if it is detecting it as a fax, and trying to send it as T38
> instead. Any ideas on what can and can't be disabled on the 5000?

Think of the TA5000 as a glorified GR303 or MGCP device. While it has
some routing intelligence for SIP, it does NOT have RFC2833, T.38, or
codecs other than g711u. Its audio stream cannot be reinvited to speak
directly to a gateway, for example, it has to continue on the same path
specified in the initial SDP.

There's no knobs exposed because there's no settings to change. g711u,
inband dtmf, no T.38, no reinvites. One sip peer (it shows you can have
more than one, but creating a second doesn't work).

If you have settings other than these on your softswitch, these may be
part of your problem.

-Paul