[VoiceOps] ADT Alarms Special Dialing?

Nathan Anderson nathana at fsr.com
Thu Aug 27 00:22:55 EDT 2015

Wait, weren't we talking about turning *off* both OOB DTMF (RFC2833) as well as T.38, because both protocol could potentially mess with either of the modulation schemes (DTMF and FSK, respecitvely) that ADT might use?

If the Adtran 5000 does everything inband and you are doing PCM/uLaw audio end-to-end, it seems to me that looking to your MSAN for potential problems is a red herring.  You said the TA5K is getting fed by a Broadsoft switch.  How does the Broadsoft tie into the PSTN?  If it's SIP trunks all the way down, how do you know that the Broadsoft (or even something upstream of it…whatever sits between it and something TDM) isn't trying to be clever and decode the in-band DTMF it gets from the TA5K and re-encode them as RFC2833 signals before passing them on?

--
Nathan Anderson
First Step Internet, LLC