[VoiceOps] Hardware transcoding solutions?

Simon Perreault sperreault at jive.com
Thu Aug 27 17:21:52 EDT 2015

Le 2015-08-27 17:13, Moises Silva a écrit :
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 5:09 PM, Simon Perreault <sperreault at jive.com
> <mailto:sperreault at jive.com>> wrote:
>
>     Le 2015-08-27 17:00, Moises Silva a écrit :
>     > I'm curious. Can you be more precise on what you mean exactly by generic
>     > 1U server? What matters mostly is the processor, not the rack unit, so
>     > I'd be interested in hearing your experience with transcoding 5000 g729
>     > to g711 channels.
>
>     I'm sorry, I can't, for obvious reasons.
>

> I guess that does not help the OP, since he can't get a hold of your
> specialized software nor have any hints on the hardware specs you used
> to achieve that :)

I know, and I'm truly sorry for that. I wish I could go into more
details, it really is fascinating (at least to me!).

The hardware is generic and I don't see any reason
FreeSWITCH/Asterisk/anything else couldn't achieve the same performance.
Hence my question: "Have you even tried?" I would have liked the OP to
post some benchmarking results to start the discussion, but it looks as
though he just assumed that software couldn't possibly attain his
required performance level. If that is true, then providing a rough idea
of what level of performance software can attain *is* indeed helping the OP.

Simon