[VoiceOps] Hardware transcoding solutions?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Aug 27 17:38:47 EDT 2015

On 08/27/2015 05:35 PM, Simon Perreault wrote:

> I just pointed out that software*can* do 5k calls in one 1U generic
> server

5K of transcoded calls, with a growth path?

Admittedly, it's based on anecdata rather than an enquiry of any
scientific rigour, but my experiences with Freeswitch point to results
closer to those of Moises Silva. It seems that it can do 1000-2000
transcoded channels on a commodity multi-core box without a problem.
However, it's been a few years, so it's possible that the density is
greater today, and/or that Freeswitch can fully and efficiently utilise
more and faster cores nowadays to achieve 4000-5000.

303 Perimeter Center North, Suite 300
Atlanta, GA 30346
United States

Tel: +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free) / +1-678-954-0671 (direct)