[VoiceOps] USF and Minimum Billing

Faisal Imtiaz faisal at snappytelecom.net
Thu Dec 3 10:59:03 EST 2015

Hmm..... While the point may be arguable, but they are not wrong in doing so.

There are different ways to look at this, your point of view is that they billed you a minimum commit fee.
I bet you anything, that their point of view is that you committed to buying a certain base level of service, irrespective of usage..
(Think of it in a manner similar to how one would sell to a end user un-limited service.. e.g. it is $20 for the month, if you use it or not is not our concern).

In the depth of regulatory details and clarifications, taxing authorities look at contract termination fees (or fees associated with meeting contract requirements) as being part of the revenues for  providing that service. It is also common accounting practice to treat it as such.

Regards.

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street
Miami, FL 33155
Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232

Help-desk: (305)663-5518 Option 2 or Email: Support at Snappytelecom.net