[VoiceOps] Future of the Traditional PSTN vs VOIP and VoLTE

Erik Flournoy erik at eespro.com
Sat Dec 5 16:41:30 EST 2015

What's Inteliquent's Position? PSTN 2.0 is a great way to describe the
upgraded regulation of a system that's not invented to be free to the
masses but more so profited by one large mass. I just can't wrap my head
around how the government supposedly broke up the bells years ago but for
the past century Neustar has been the hub of all the numbering and
telcordia the guideline to how you do telecom. A guideline that is licensed
and not free to the masses.

I continually see smaller CLEC get eaten alive by the ILEC or all the
regulatory fees that are based around the telecom system of my great
grandparents. Example to order services from most ILEC's you need access to
telecordia to get CLLI codes or NC/NCI codes all information owned and
licensed by one company.