[VoiceOps] Future of the Traditional PSTN vs VOIP and VoLTE

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Dec 7 19:57:46 EST 2015

On 12/07/2015 02:22 PM, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> And no company is guaranteed the right to continue to make a living,
> by the law, in whatever field it is currently engaged in.  Didn't a
> Supreme Court Justice say that in an opinion?

By that same token, though, there is some question as to whether
companies have an obligation to streamline or make maximally convenient
the process by which their competitors cannibalise their profit margins. :-)

Of course, we've all churned through the rationale here. Inasmuch as the
telecom majors take in billions in taxpayer subsidies of all sorts, they
are something tantamount to a public utility, they are - notionally -
required to open up their networks to uses we would otherwise expect
them to reject.

-- Alex

303 Perimeter Center North, Suite 300
Atlanta, GA 30346
United States

Tel: +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free) / +1-678-954-0671 (direct)