[VoiceOps] Fast LNP Porting

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 12:12:23 EDT 2015

Is there some way to port numbers extremely fast away from major landline
providers like Verizon, AT&T, Comcast, etc? I met someone long ago that
said they were able to port a number from anywhere in like one business
day. If I remember right they mentioned something about being a cellular
CLEC or something similar. I know porting in the cellular world is a same
day kind of thing, but why not on the landline side?

Is there some wholesaler out there that doesn't charge and arm and leg to
port numbers?