[VoiceOps] SMS and MMS to Hosted PBX Offering

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 08:49:38 EDT 2015

What is needed to add full SMS (and maybe MMS) to a hosted pbx voice
offering?

I know some providers, like bandwidth.com and Level3, support SMS on their
numbers. Then I have heard that there are some providers that can add SMS
to any phone number while another carrier handles the voice side, but I am
unsure who these providers are. What providers are truely wholesale
providers in the SMS world?

Then I assume you need a class 5 softswitch that is able to handle SMS, and
distribute the messages to end clients either on their phone, app, or by
email.

Does anyone do this today? I know ringcentral offers business SMS on all
their plans.

Is MMS much harder to add the SMS?