[VoiceOps] Grandstream FXS Gateways

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 09:07:39 EDT 2015

Thank everyone for the recommendations. Here are my thoughts on the
recommendations sumbitted so far:

1. cisco devices like the IAD243x, VG224,VG248. Most of theses seems EOL,
and I have a hard time beleiving that Cisco new is going to be cheaper than
Adtran. I am looking for alternatives to Adtran that are cheaper than
Adtran.
2. Audiocodes MP series. Audiocodes seems like a good brand. Which model do
you recommend? How do they compare pricing wise to Adtran?
3. Cisco SPA 8000. Is this considered a Cisco Small Business voice product?
I heard a long time ago Cisco was discontinuing their small business line.
Any thoughts on that? I don't want to dive deep into a product that is
going to be discontinued.
4. FlyingVoice products, I have never heard of these before, but there are
tons of low cost Asian models that come to mind. I am looking for something
that is very reliable, and preferably Broadsoft certified. This does fit
the price point.
5. Mediatrix boxes: I have heard of these, and like what I see. What models
do you recommend? Their website seems to have multiple models that would
fit the bill
6. ObiHai 5xxvs series. Seems very interesting, I though this company only
made google voice and skype ATAs looks like they have expanded. I like how
they has USB and paging ports built in for expansion, and their cloud based
system seems to be nice.

Ideally, I would probably want features like the Adtran 908e including:
- RJ21 Amp connector for use with 66 block. Most of these low cost products
have RJ-11 ports for each line. That is doable, but prob not prefered.
- Unit needs to be wall mountable
- We would hope that the device was certified by Broadsoft, and has a
Broadsoft device template for DMS.
- Have some kind of voice quality monitoring built in, hopefully with MOS
scores.

Does Adtran make a FXS gateway without the T1/PRI ports at a lower cost?