[VoiceOps] What is your favorite line of IP Phones and Why?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Mar 26 13:29:47 EDT 2015

On 03/26/2015 01:26 PM, Carlos Alvarez wrote:

> The only time a customer has asked us for a Polycom specifically is for
> heavy speakerphone users.

I was a heavy speakerphone user. Now I'm a heavy user of the Plantronics
CS540 DECT headset, which integrates very nicely with Polycoms and has
an electronic hook-switch cable specifically for that purpose.

The overall build quality is also very good. It has a nice subjective
"feel", just as the Cisco 79x series did.

As for provisioning and managing them, especially on a one-off basis, it
is indeed a pain. Not nearly as much of a pain as Cisco, but a pain for
sure. I think the easiest provisioning I've seen is from Snom.

303 Perimeter Center North, Suite 300
Atlanta, GA 30346
United States

Tel: +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free) / +1-678-954-0671 (direct)