[VoiceOps] 2015 Softswitch

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Nov 2 18:07:52 EST 2015

On 11/02/2015 10:19 AM, Peter Rad. wrote:

> To support software you have to have revenue. Hence, per seat licensing
> or maintenance fees.
> BSFT may be expensive but it has proven to scale -  over 1M trunks from
> XO and WIND and 10K seats added per month by an MSO. You pay for that.
> That said. You don't need something that would scale like that.

BSFT isn't the only thing that scales into those kinds of numbers.
Although we've transitioned out of the consulting business by and large,
we've been building open-source platforms with those kinds of port
densities for years. Now, most customers imagine they'll hit those kinds
of numbers and actually don't get anywhere near them--turns out getting
1M endpoints is really, really hard--but architecture ask was always to
support them.

In my eyes, the argument against BSFT isn't so much against maintenance
fees or even per-seat licencing, but just price relative to value.
Considering it provides formulaic POTS & Key replacement, friends don't
let friends buy Broadsoft.

-- Alex

303 Perimeter Center North, Suite 300
Atlanta, GA 30346
United States

Tel: +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free) / +1-678-954-0671 (direct)