[VoiceOps] Homer vs VoIPMonitor

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 08:22:40 EST 2015

I believe you are correct that Homer only does SIP, where VoIPMonitor does
both.

This bring me back to the question of Polycom Phones with VQMON that use thee
standard *RTCP-XR (IETF RFC 3611) format and can publish metrics using the
SIP PUBLISH method. These are RTP stats for the most part right? It looks
like Homer does support RTCP-XR as seen by this demo, and I know
VoIPMonitor is working on it.

I guess if you have an advanced phone/device that supports RTCP-XR is there
a need to monitor RTP? Monitoring RTP (and recording every leg like
VoIPMonitor does) takes up substantial resources I assume?