[VoiceOps] Preventing random SIP connections to handsets

Matthew Crocker matthew at corp.crocker.com
Fri Nov 20 15:29:55 EST 2015

There is a setting in the Polycom config so it will only accept INVITES from the IP it has registered to.     You can also configure it to authenticate all INVITES.

To match to IP address of the registered line
voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation.x.method=“source"
voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation.x.request=“INVITE”

To require authentication of the registered line.
voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation.x.method=“digest"
voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation.x.request=“INVITE”

—

Matthew Crocker
President - Crocker Communications, Inc.
Managing Partner - Crocker Telecommunications, LLC
E: matthew at corp.crocker.com
E: matthew at crocker.com