[VoiceOps] Preventing random SIP connections to handsets

Carlos Alvarez caalvarez at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 16:16:32 EST 2015

We've never seen evidence of issues other than just making phones ring.  I
assume it's some script kiddies trying to find an open SIP proxy.

The routers in use are owned by our ISP partner and managed by them.
Typical mid-grade routers like a 1900 series.  I'm not aware of an ability
to filter SIP as an application with those, though I've been pretty removed
from Cisco hands-on for some time.  Filtering based on port would not help
us.