[VoiceOps] Preventing random SIP connections to handsets

Ryan Delgrosso ryandelgrosso at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 17:57:19 EST 2015

We dealt with this years ago.

The solution was 2 fold:

1: Stop using port 5060. Pick some other port for your phones to listen
on locally. Do the same thing on your access-edge SBC's (this will also
pay dividends in ALG avoidance).
2: Find the CPE option to restrict inbound to only the registered proxy.
As mentioned before this might be different for each device make but it
is unquestionably the best solution.