[VoiceOps] NMS recommendations

Ryan Delgrosso ryandelgrosso at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 22:10:57 EDT 2015

PRTG from Paessler. Hands down the best NMS I've used.

  * Relatively easy to synthesize business level monitoring (custom SQL
    queries as monitors etc)
  * Mobile application eliminates email/sms explosions
  * Distributed AND clusterable
  * Easily extensible
  * A fraction of the cost of the $olarwind$ product
  * Cheaper, operationally, to run than its open source equivalent

*I am not a paid schill, I just really like their product and would like
to see them be successful so I can keep using it

-Ryan