[VoiceOps] Disconnected numbers and SIP

Paul Timmins paul at timmins.net
Tue Oct 20 22:45:59 EDT 2015

Cause code 1 (ISUP/ISDN), SIP 404. This is the canonical way. "Disconnected" versus "not in my translations, but on my number block" is a meaningless distinction. Technically you can send a 301/302 I think with a new destination (there's a similar way to do this with ISUP) but it's not widely implemented so number changed referrals typically stay in-band.