[VoiceOps] WiFi SIP phones recommendations

Tim Bray tim at kooky.org
Fri Sep 11 05:03:54 EDT 2015

On 08/09/15 20:45, Shripal Daphtary wrote:
> I would much prefer to use DECT, but right now the customer seems
> adamant to wifi.  not sure why.  have you used the TGP600s from panasonic

TGP600 is a fairly new product for us.  Launched about 3 months ago.
We've sold about 100, but we've had no complaints.

(Products usually take while to get going.  Usually 6 months to a year
before volume sales take off.  Everybody wants to play with the sample
for a few  months. )

Panasonic also took on  all of our feedback on previous products, and
used it to shape the new products coming through.  So quite a long
development time, but they really did listen.

One of Panasonic's developers is visiting us today to look at an issue
with another phone

Tim