[VoiceOps] Virtualized SBC

Nathan Anderson nathana at fsr.com
Thu Apr 7 02:12:50 EDT 2016

LOL! +1

Reminds me of Larry Ellison's now infamous rant against the use of the "nonsense" marketing term "cloud computing".

"All that 'cloud' is is computers in a network, in terms of technology.  Now in terms of *business model*, you can say 'oh, it's rental', and this is also very interesting, this notion of rental.  All Salesforce.com was, before they were 'cloud computing', they were, uh, software-as-a-service [SaaS].  And then they became 'cloud computing', because SaaS...well, it's the same reason Chanel last year was fuchsia, and this year it's kind of puce.  I mean, our industry is so bizarre: they just change a term, and they think they've invented technology!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmrxN3GWHpM#t=2685
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmrxN3GWHpM#t=4470

"That's gold, Jerry!  Gold!"

-- Nathan