[VoiceOps] Virtualized SBC

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Apr 7 21:52:11 EDT 2016

I most certainly did. Think about how distributed softswitch assemblies work: media gateway separated from signalling agent by an H.248/MEGACO tentacle over a private Ethernet network, all racked together because the vendor says.

Now the vendor says: "Let's make a policy decision ‎to allow the customer to run this stuff on their own (or our supplied) virtualisation silo." And they market it as the NFV revolution.

There is actual NFV, and it's quite interesting. But "run our software in a VM" is not what that is.‎ It's another entrant to the bullshit parade.

--
Alex Balashov | Principal | Evariste Systems LLC
1447 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 700

Tel: +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free) / +1-678-954-0671 (direct)
Web: http://www.evaristesys.com/, http://www.csrpswitch.com/

Sent from my BlackBerry.